Throughout this series, the basic question we’ve been seeking to answer is this: how can colleges prepare for the future when the future is so uncertain? What we’ve shown is how data can be used to bring answers to the following key questions:
- What is the overall shape of your local economy?
- How do your curriculum and courses reflect changing employer demand?
- What were employers in your area looking for in terms of jobs and skills?
We now want to introduce you to something new, something exciting, and above all something which will help your college prepare for that uncertain future with confidence.
Introducing FE Analyst
FE Analyst is a brand new workflow we’ve developed with input from leaders in the FE sector. Designed to help colleges and training providers get answers to the kinds of key questions mentioned above, it will prove vital for providers that really want to take the lead in helping their local areas recover from this crisis in the months and years ahead. With a simple and intuitive workflow, moving seamlessly from economy overview, through curriculum and course development, to job and profile analytics, and finally to employer engagement, the tool is highly accessible to people and teams right across an institution — not just to a college’s data specialists. FE Analyst will help your college get:
- A breakdown of your local economy, including job and demographics information, and how skills needs are changing over time
- An assessment of your current curriculum and courses, and how well they relate to current employer demand
- A deep dive into job and profile analytics, to help you see clearly what skills employers in your area are looking for, and which skills the existing workforce have
- A Business Development report, which will help your employer engagement teams by enabling them to see who’s hiring and what specific skills they need.
Regional Recovery Report
In addition to all this, the tool also includes a Regional Recovery Report, which we’ve developed specifically to help colleges respond to the ongoing crisis. Using a combination of local Claimant Counts and job postings to show which occupations are hardest hit and where recruitment is either growing or declining, the report can help your college shape its emergency retraining courses to get people upskilled to work in areas of employment that are growing during the crisis.
Check out our video below to see more about why we’ve developed FE Analyst and the Regional Recovery Report, and how they can help your college confidently prepare for the future — a future where strong leadership from the FE sector will be vital to local and ultimately national recovery.
For more detail on how the tool works, what it does, and how it can help your college, check out our recent webinar here and sign up to our follow up webinar here. To arrange a demo of the tool click on the button below.