Sheffield College have come up with a great way of using our data to market their courses through social media, with the introduction of Job of the Week to their Facebook site. The aim is to highlight a new occupation every week, and to:
“Arm you with the latest and most up to date information so that you can make the best decision about your future, with all the facts and figures to back it up!”
The information, which is lifted from Analyst, includes:
- Numbers of people currently working in the occupation in the Sheffield City Region
- A job growth forecast for the region over the next five years
- The average starting salary for people working in the occupation in the region
- A comparison of forecasted job growth for the region with the rest of the country
- The skillset — what qualities you will need to do the job
But this is not just about giving prospective students interesting information. Underneath the data the College has included a link to all the courses they do which are relevant to the career, so that anyone looking through the data and seeing that this might be a viable option for them can instantly look up how they might train for it (linking careers to courses is, by the way, something that is built in as a feature of our Career Coach tool).
We love to see colleges and universities innovating with our data to get information out there to people. In this case, Sheffield College are not just getting information out there; by linking the data to their courses they are also attracting people to train for sustainable careers at the College. We are sure that Job of the Week will be a great success.
For more ideas of how you can use our data in your college or university marketing, see our Career Coach Digital Marketing Guide