Our Business Development Manager for the Northern Region, Anthony Horne, recently participated in a webinar hosted by FE Marketing, for their FE College Digital Marketing Best Practice Project. The project, which has over 40 participants from across both the FE and 6th Form sectors, is aimed at helping marketing teams improve their digital marketing practices to increase their return on investment.
Headed up by the organisation’s Director of Digital Marketing, Simon Connor, the project promises to work alongside participating colleges to help them “implement the latest tried, tested and proven digital marketing strategies” so that they can “engage even more learners and employers.”
The focus of Anthony’s presentation was to demonstrate how colleges and 6th forms can utilise our Career Coach tool in their digital marketing, with the aim to ultimately produce a “Career Coach – Digital Marketing Best Practice Guide” in collaboration with the group. The main points covered were:
- Why Career Coach exists and what it does
- How it is being used in various colleges
- Where colleges are positioning the tool on their website
- How college branding and design can be incorporated into Career Coach
- How Sunderland College have integrated CC into a course listing page, via a widget (click on the link, scroll down and look at “Career Facts” on the right hand side).
- How the Career Coach API allows EMSI data to be incorporated into the main college website
- Use of Career Coach within wider marketing campaigns
The presentation shows that colleges throughout the country are using Career Coach in a number of highly innovative ways to enhance their outreach, promote their courses and engage prospective students. You can access the slides here.